Traveling is a very enriching experience. It is essential to have a good camera that will capture some of the best moments of your life. However, buying a good quality digital camera can be quite challenging. There is a variety of camera brands available in the market as well as online.
The digital cameras vary in terms size, difficulty in usage, quality of the lens, megapixels, ability to zoom, video recording, etc. Further, we are going to review some good quality camera brands and help you pick the best one. This guide will help not only assist those who are buying a digital camera for the first time, but also help professionals looking for the best brand of camera. Let us look at the reviews and find out the best camera brand.
- 1 Top Rate Camera Brand for Compact Digital Camera
- 1.1 Canon IXUS160 20MP point and shoot digital camera with 8x optical zoom
- 1.2 Nikon Coolpix S2900 20.1MP point and shoot digital camera
- 1.3 Sony Cybershot W830
- 1.4 Fujifilm X100S 16.3 MP point and shoot digital camera
- 1.5 Olympus SZ-17
- 1.6 Leica C type 112 compact digital camera
- 2 Overview
- 3 Best Compact Digital Camera Brand
- 4 Conclusion
Top Rate Camera Brand for Compact Digital Camera
Canon IXUS160 20MP point and shoot digital camera with 8x optical zoom
Canon is a Japanese company that is known to produce the best quality digital cameras. The Canon IXUS 160 is best for people who do not like to adjust the camera settings too much. The camera is technologically equipped to identify best settings. It is very easy to use, all you have to do is point and shoot. Let us look at some of its hallmarks.
- The camera is designed with 8x optical zooming as well 16x Zoom Plus.
- It has LCD-Monitor which is 2.7 inches along with 230000 dots of effective pixels approximately.
- The camera has 20 megapixels.
- The movie button will help you record movies within the recording time of 55 minutes approximately.
- The camera has different shooting modes such as auto live, digital portrait, face self-timer, minimum light, extremely vivid, poster effect, etc.
- The camera also has an auto, eco and help buttons.
- It has DigiC 4+ processor that reduces the time for processing by sixty percent.
- The product dimensions are 9.5X5.4X2.2 centimeters
- The camera weighs 540 grams
- Its flash modes are Auto, slow synchro, on, off
- The package of Canon IXUS 160 consist of the camera, WS-800 wrist wrap, charger for the batteries, packet of batteries, 8GB memory card and carry case for the camera.
- Its aperture is a circular diagram.
- The size of the sensor is 1/ 2.3 type.
- The product gives a 2-year warranty.
- Zoom technology – You can capture the farthest details with this camera as its 8x zoom power, and 16x zoom plus is well advanced.
- Eco mode – This specialty feature makes the LCD screen dark to reduce the consumption of batteries when the camera is not in use. It increases the photo opportunity by thirty percent.
- Design – The Canon IXUS 160 has very sleek design and is lightweight. It is very comfortable to carry around in a pocket. This makes it a great friend when you go for mountaineering or hiking and wish to capture those breathtaking pictures.
- The screen – The screen of the camera is extremely sharp, and you can easily see it in the direct sunlight. The accuracy of the color is quite good. The size of the buttons near the screen is pretty good, and you need not have sharp fingernails to use them.
- Picture quality – The image qualityis average. The images may appear bit fragmented. Also, the camera does not have the feature of image stabilization that increases the problem.
- Usage – The camera is not much enjoyable to use. In spite of its big buttons, the ergonomics are quite slippery.
- Autofocus – It can be very irritating to autofocus while shooting a close-up. The minimum distance of focus is 5cms. However, that occurs only when the lens is fixed at an angle that is wide.
Overall, Canon is one of the best camera brands. In spite its flaws, the Canon IXUS 160 20MP Point and Shoot Digital Camera with Optical Zoom up to 8x (Black)gives good value for money.
Nikon Coolpix S2900 20.1MP point and shoot digital camera
The Nikon Corporation since its inception in the year 1917 is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. Since the last 80 years, this company is known for making products that are innovative along with best craftsmanship and best quality lens. The photographers world over consider Nikon as the most reliable brand. To find out more about the quality of Nikon products let us look at the features the Nikon cool pix S2900 digital camera.
- The camera has 20.1 megapixels.
- Its optical zoom power is 5x
- The camera has a TFT LCD screen that is of 2.7 inches.
- The product is equipped with CCD electronic and mechanical shutter.
- It has a very slim design and has a face retouch option.
- The Nikon cool pix S2900 is equipped with EXPEED, an extremely fast image processing system.
- The camera also has a sharp picture control system that creates some of the best fine-tuned and well-defined images.
- The product dimensions are 9.4 X 5.4 X 2 centimeters.
- The weight of the product is 599 grams.
- The size of the screen is three inches.
- Its memory has the storage capacity of 32 GB
- Its digital zoom power is 4x
- Battery life – The Nikon cool pix S2900 has very long battery life. It is long-lasting for shots above 250 at a time.
- Ease and comfort – This camera is extremely slim and lightweight and can be comfortably slid into anyone’s pocket. It uses rechargeable lithium ion batteries. Also, there is a small area provided for resting your thumb when you just want to hold the camera and not use it.
- Quick start – The camera can start-up extremely fast within 1.6 seconds once you switch on the main power button. Once started, it can shoot at 7-10 frames in a single row.
- The packaging of the product needs to be improved.
- After prolonged use the camera tends to hang a lot.
Sony Cybershot W830
Sony is known for making high-end products, and Sony Cybershot is one of them. The Sony Corporation has its joint headquarters in Tokyo, Japan and Lund, Sweden. The camera is light and has a very stylish design. Further, let us review the unique features of the top camera brand, Sony Cybershot.
- The Sony Cybershot camera contains Carl Zeiss lens that enables the photographer to capture smallest details.
- Equipped with 20.1megapixels camera as well as 1/ 2.3 inches Super HAD in a CCD image sensor.
- The LCD screen measures 6.8 cm with unique display features that make creating good shots very simple.
- It is very easy to shoot high definition movies at 30 fps. The camera has brilliant panorama sweep and best photo effect.
- The camera also has very high-quality auto mode, face sensors, smile detectors, advanced flash, white balance and multiple scenes mode.
- The Sony Cybershot weighs 458 grams
- The dimensions of the product are 14.9 X 12.4 X 10.8 centimeters.
- The storage capacity of the memory is 32GB
- Its optical zoom power is 8x, and digital zoom power is 32x.
- Video shooting – The camera provides superb stability to capture HD videos and movies. The active mode that is also known as optical steady shot captures the movies and the images that are almost entirely blur-free.
- Shooting ranges – This product is equipped with macro focus feature that will help you to take images as near as 5cms and as far as the distance of 55cms.
- Auto mode – The intelligent automatic mode enables you to click some of the best images as it helps in determining best settings for the ideal scenes. To click perfect images the in the dark or low–lit conditions the camera is equipped with intelligent scene recognition and motion detection.
- Easy to transfer images – The Sony Cybershot is fully compatible with any PC or laptop, and moving images to them is extremely easy.
- The animals can get scared due to its laser point focus. Hence, it may be bit troublesome to shoot animals at times. Thus, If you are looking for a camera for wildlife photography, this may not be your best bet.
The Sony Cybershot Digital Still 20.1MP Camera – W830/S has all the features that an avid photographer would dream of. Buying this camera would be a great investment.
Fujifilm X100S 16.3 MP point and shoot digital camera
Fujifilm Corporation is a big MNC and is one of the best brands of camera. Its product, Fujifilm X100S 16.3 MP point and shoot digital camera has been deemed as the European Advanced Compact Camera for the year 2013-2014. The Fujifilm X100S was introduced in the year 2013. Further, let us look at some of its features.
- The Fujifilm camera has 16.3-megapixels with APS-C X-Trans and CMO sensors.
- It has a well-designed color filter tray.
- It has a 2.8 inches LCD screen that includes hybrid, electronic as well as an optical viewfinder with 235000-pixel dots.
- The hybrid viewfinder allows you to alter between optical and electronic viewfinder.
- The features such as digital split-image and focus peak highlight functions enable you to click most error-free images.
- The product dimensions are 12.7 X 54 X 7.4 centimeters
- The weight of the camera is 404 grams
- The camera has time and date stamp.
- The packaging of the camera contains tripod mount and AC adaptors.
- It has very compact body and is excellent for street photography.
- The autofocus speed has improved significantly as well as the sensor is upgraded.
- It is easy to take around and is light weight
- This camera is best at reproducing and saturating color sensors.
- The optical viewfinder of the camera has error correction system that is very useful when you are shooting from close range.
- The electrical viewfinder is very slow. While capturing street photographs, it is best to use the optical viewfinder.
- The user menu is bit complicated.
The Fujifilm X100S 16.3 MP point and shoot digital camera is a great camera at a reasonable price. Despite the flaws, you can use it regularly.
Olympus since its inception in 1917 has been headquartered in Japan. The Olympus is one of the well-known camera brands, and Olympus SZ-17 is an awesome camera for individuals who are passionate about photography. It has some great features that will enrich your photography experience. Let us look at them.
- The Olympus SZ-17 has a 16-megapixel camera.
- It has 3-inch LCD screen and a resolution of 460000 dots.
- The camera has zoom power of 24x and has video capacity of 1080p high definition.
- It has a CMS sensor that is extremely sensitive and helpful for people who are beginners in photography.
- The camera also has TruPic V, which is an image processor, and it enables you to snap many pictures in a sequence at high speed.
- Its product dimensions are 10.8 X 4X 7 centimeters.
- The camera weighs 227 grams
- The memory has storage capacity of 43 MB
- It has a vertical and horizontal resolution of 1080 and 1927 pixels respectively.
- It is very convenient to capture beautiful images of landscapes with the high zoom power of the camera. Also, it is possible to capture minute details of images with such high resolution.
- The camera consists of useful technology for image stabilization that will enable you to click pictures that are not blurry.
- The Olympus SZ – 17 allows you to share your pictures with your near and dear ones as it can connect to any laptop or PC easily.
- You can record some good- quality movies using the feature of the multi-motion stabilizer.
- The picture quality is average.
- The colors of the images captured are dull.
The Olympus SZ-17 will enable you to capture some of your best memories in spite of its flaws.
Leica C type 112 compact digital camera
Leica Camera AG is headquartered in Germany and is considered to be the best digital camera brand by some professionals. The cameras are of premium quality. They are versatile and have some of the unique features. Let us look at them.
- Leica C has 3-inch LCD screen with the resolution of 921000 dots.
- It has an optical viewfinder that will enable you to get excellent quality images
- The camera is equipped with Wi-Fi activation button. The WIFI can be used very easily. You need to download the Leica C app in your Smartphone.
- The camera has 12.1 megapixels
- It also has excellent feature for video recording at the 1080p high definition.
- The optical zoom power is 7x
- The camera weighs 567 grams.
- The measurements of the product are 16.8 X 14 X 8.4 centimeters
- The quality of images captured is brilliant.
- Easily connects to the Wi-Fi
- Can click good panoramic photos.
- It also has 10fps non-stop shooting.
- The camera is very expensive.
- The battery life is not too long.
The Leica C is a luxury camera that will make you feel stylish while using. In spite, its problems the product looks really classy.
All the above-mentioned digital camera brands such as Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fuji, Olympus, and Leica are some of the best brands of compact digital camera. They differ in terms of camera quality. The Nikon, Sony, and Canon have the 20-megapixel camera while Olympus, Fuji, and Leica have 17, 16 and 12 -megapixel camera. Canon and Sony have the zoom power of 8x whereas Nikon and Fujifilm have zoom capacity of 5x and 4x.
A majority of these cameras are light-weight, they differ in terms of screen resolution the Canon has a resolution of 230000 dots and Leica has a resolution of 921000 dots. They differ in terms of battery life, but you can click some of the best images with these cameras.
Best Compact Digital Camera Brand
Of all the brands reviewed the best digital camera brand is the Sony Cybershot.The Sony Cybershot has best features compared to all the brands. It has more positive points compared to any other brands and barely any cons compared to other brands. It is best in terms of megapixels, zoom quality, design, ease of use, etc. Sony Cybershot is a good brand that offers some of the best cameras at reasonable prices.
The above-mention reviews will answer all your questions regarding what is the best camera brand. Overall, all of these brands are brilliant, despite the flaws. While you are on a holiday with your near and dear ones, a good camera like the Sony Cybershot will enable you to capture the best Videos and images that you can relieve any time.