Cameras come in all price ranges and thus finding a camera that fits into your budget as well as delivering on the quality of photos is a tough task. Best digital camera under $100 price range will only provide you with the essential features such as clarity of pictures and few different shooting modes, but if you are not a professional photographer and need a camera just for personal use, then these features are more than enough for you.
- 1 Canon PowerShot ELPH135 Digital Camera
- 2 Nikon-COOLPIX S33 Digital Camera
- 3 Nikon COOLPIX-S3700 Digital Camera with Optical Zoom (8x) and Built-In Wi-Fi
- 4 Sony W800/B 20.1 MP Digital Camera
- 5 Samsung-WB35F 16.2MP Smart NFC and WI-FI Digital Camera with Optical Zoom (12x) and 2.7″ LCD
- 6 Comparison
- 7 Verdict
Canon PowerShot ELPH135 Digital Camera
Canon PowerShot ELPH135 series cameras are the best buy for you in the $100 price range as these cameras have great picture quality, and features are jam packed to make this camera work shoulder to shoulder with any expensive camera available on the market.
- Comes with 8x optical zoom
- Comes with 4x digital zoom
- Comes with 32x combined zoom
- Comes with 16megapixel CCD sensor
- Comes with DIGIC 4+ image processor
- Comes with 2.7 inch LCD screen
- Records HD videos in 720p
- Zoom: This is the best camera under 100 dollar price range and one of the factors that make this camera one of the best is its zoom. This camera will take images of the most distant objects clearly without pixelating. Not only the clarity of stationary objects, even if the object is moving and is situated far away, but this camera will also still take a perfect shot.
- Video Recording: This camera does more than just clicking pictures, it captures videos in 720p high definition quality. Videos are rich in colour and content, and this too contributes to making this camera the best digital camera under 100 dollar price range.
- Compact size: This portable camera perfectly fits into your pocket and thus it is easy to carry on the go. Also, the camera weighs very less and thus you hardly feel you are carrying a camera in your pockets. Moreover many places restrict the entry of SLR cameras inside the premises; this camera though can be taken to such places as well.
- Plastic Body: This camera is made of plastic, and though it makes the camera lightweight, its durability can be questioned. Though you cannot get the best camera in the market for a $100 cheque, the make quality of this camera can be slightly improved by the manufacturers.
Nikon-COOLPIX S33 Digital Camera
When it comes to deciding on the best camera on the market, Nikon is the brand you can trust with closed eyes. But this Nikon COOLPIX S33 is not to be considered among the best digital cameras under 100 dollar price range just because of this lineage from Nikon, but also because of the features it has.
- It is shockproof up to 5 feet
- It is waterproof up to 33 feet deep
- Has a 3x wide-angle NIKKOR glass zoom lens
- Has a 13.2megapixel CMOS sensor
- Records full HD videos at 1080p quality
- Big buttons for easy usability
- Video Quality: This camera is certainly the best cameras under 100 dollar price range when it comes to capturing videos. No other camera in the said price range can boast of having a 1080p HD quality video recording with such rich colours and details. This camera is the standout performer in this regard.
- Water and Shock Proof: These low-cost cameras are built of plastic body that always raises questions about its durability. But this camera is not only waterproof up to 33 feet deep but also is shock proof that is enough to certify the endurance of this camera. No matter how fidgety you are, this camera is going to stand the test of time. And this also makes it a great camera for your snorkelling trips.
- Photo Quality: This camera boasts of a 13.2 Mega Pixel lens that comes with a CMOS sensor technology that is responsible for its clarity of pictures. It doesn’t matter if you are taking photos of a moving or a still object; this camera will capture a mesmerizing shot every time.
- Battery Use: This camera soaks a lot of battery charge in every use and thus if you are taking this camera with you while travelling make sure you keep an extra set of battery with you all the time.
Nikon COOLPIX-S3700 Digital Camera with Optical Zoom (8x) and Built-In Wi-Fi
COOLPIX-S3700 is a modern masterpiece, and its features make this camera stand way ahead of its competition. Not only the design that in itself is worth buying this camera, but it also has various other technologically advanced features that give this camera one of the top places in the best camera list of $100 price range segment.
- Comes with optical zoom up to 8x
- Comes with dynamic fine zoom up to 16x
- Records HD videos in 720p quality
- Comes with 16 shooting modes to choose from
- Comes with auto scene selector
- Has integrated WI-FI technology
- Has built in NFC technology
- Media Sharing: This camera is ideal for you if you love sharing your captured pictures with your family and friends over social media. No other camera apart from this in the segment will give your WI-FI and NFC-ready technology that can be used to share the pictures on the go.
- Shooting Modes: This camera comes with 16 different shooting modes and hence you can take a perfect picture in any environment. If the light is too much or too less, this camera will deliver the perfect result every time.
- Plastic Body: The plastic body is again a weakness of this camera and especially the battery and memory card covers feel particularly flimsy. This camera will not be ideal for use in a very rigid and demanding environment.
Sony W800/B 20.1 MP Digital Camera
When looking for a low priced camera picture quality is one of the primary things to keep in mind because not every lens will satisfy you with the best quality images. This is where Sony can be trusted because its cameras are known for the superior quality pictures.
- Inbuilt WI-FI and NFC technology
- Comes with Super HAD CCD sensor for enhanced picture quality
- Comes with 5x optical zoom
- Image Stabilization: Sony steady shot image stabilization technology ensures that this camera will take perfect pictures even when your hands are shaking. This is a great innovation to have in your camera.
- 5x optical zoom: When it comes to zoom in low priced cameras such as this, the lower the zoom, the better is the picture quality. This camera boasts of a 5x optical zoom that is enough to take great photos in all light conditions.
- Night Mode: This camera disappoints with picture quality when you take pictures at night mode with very low light. Apart from this, this camera will work just fine.
Samsung-WB35F 16.2MP Smart NFC and WI-FI Digital Camera with Optical Zoom (12x) and 2.7″ LCD
Samsung has been coming up with great devices in the past couple of years, and this device is an example of this. This is the most technologically advanced camera you can lay your hands on in the price range and thus this camera is worth buying for persons with variable needs.
- Comes with built in WI-FI and NFC technology
- Comes with 16.2 MP camera
- Comes with CCD sensor
- Comes with optical zoom up to 12x
- File Sharing: One of the best file sharing options are provided by this camera in the segment because you can use this camera to upload photos directly on social media, emails, direct link and mobile link.
- Viewfinder: Optical viewfinder is one of the most important features of modern cameras as it ensures that you only focus on the object you want to take a picture of. While most other cameras in this segment do not have this feature, this Sony camera indeed wins the race here.
- Battery Life: Though this camera comes from a great brand, it does not show enough when it comes to battery life. You need to charge this camera more frequently, and this low battery life can sometimes be annoying.
While all five above mentioned cameras can be bought at nearly the same price, all of them cannot be said to be equals when it comes to performance. The Canon PowerShot certainly loses out to competition as the features cannot stand the high demands. The Nikon COOLPIX S33 tries hard to compete but again falls short of a few key features such as optical viewfinder.
There is a stiff competition between Nikon COOLPIX S3700, Sony W800 and Samsung WB35F, and all the three cameras can be said to be on par with each other in particular features. While Sony will deliver the best image quality, Nikon will deliver the best video recording, Samsung will give a combination of picture quality and media sharing. The choice is completely upon the buyer.
All the reviewed cameras in the segment are value for money. But if only considering what your camera does for you, the best buy has to be Nikon COOLPIX S3700 because of its image quality; both while taking still pictures and making videos. At the price you spend, this is the best camera under 100 you can get. But if you want more from your camera such as media sharing, Samsung is not a bad buy either if you don’t want to go beyond 100 dollars.