The camera is not just any other gadget that you buy and forget about in a matter of a month; your camera is your partner in good times when you travel as well as in bad. Every shot that you capture has a memory associated with it and thus the better the click, the better served the memory is. When you start your hunt to but an ideal camera for you, you can’t settle on just any lens, you need nothing but the best.
If you are looking for the best digital camera under 300 dollars, here are few options that you must consider.
- 1 Top Rated DSLR under $300
- 1.1 Canon PowerShot-SX530HS – Wi-Fi Enabled
- 1.2 Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS50K 30X Travel Zoom with Eye Viewfinder
- 1.3 Nikon S9900 COOLPIX Digital Camera with Built-In Wi-Fi and Optical Zoom (30x)
- 1.4 Nikon P530 COOLPIX 16.1MP Digital Camera (CMOS) with NIKKOR Lens (42x Zoom)
- 1.5 Sony DSC-HX60V/B 20.4MP Digital Camera with 3″ LCD (Black) & 30x Optical Image Zoom
- 2 Conclusion
Top Rated DSLR under $300
Canon PowerShot-SX530HS – Wi-Fi Enabled
When you want the best camera for you in a strict budget, there is nothing to worry because Cannon PowerShot is here for you. This is one of the best point and shoot cameras that you can lay your hands on, and this would perfectly fit into your budget. Various features make this camera one of the best loved in the segment. Here is a list of those features.
- It has a very powerful 50X optical zoom
- This camera has a 16.0-megapixel lens that is highly sensitive because of CMOS sensor.
- It is WI-FI compatible
- It captures videos at stunning 1080p high definition quality
- It has a large 3 inch LCD screen
- 50x zoom: The earlier version of this camera, the Canon PowerShot SX520 has a 42x zoom and this is an upgrade on that model and this 50x zoom is fantastic to click snaps of far lying objects. If you love taking pictures from a distance, this camera is certainly the one for you.
- Image stability: Most cameras when working on high zoom do not give the desired clarity in pictures, and you might end up clicking a blur snap. This problem is eliminated in the Canon PowerShot SX530 as the image stability guarantees that you will click the perfect picture anytime.
- WI-FI compatibility: Now due to the WI-FI compatibility, you can share your clicked images directly from your Canon PowerShot SX530 camera without connecting it to any other device. This eliminates the need for carrying your laptop everywhere with you as you can directly transfer the images to your cell phone or even on social media such as Instagram.
- Settings: One problem that this camera has, is that when you change its settings for taking a particular type of click such as when you change the settings for macro, it stays at macro even after you have switched off the camera. This problem is eliminated in the next versions of the Canon PowerShot.
Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS50K 30X Travel Zoom with Eye Viewfinder
If you are on a lookout for a sleek and stylish camera that can perfectly fit in your pocket and has a great viewfinder and camera lens, then this Panasonic camera is exactly what you need. The price of the camera is another attraction and is touted as the best camera under 300 dollars by many which is the reason this camera is gaining popularity so much especially among travelers.
- Sleek and trendy design
- 30x zoom
- Eye viewfinder
- Enhanced low light sensitivity
- Clear images even without flash
- Design: This is your go-to camera if you want your camera to be with you on the move all the time. This is very slim and can perfectly fit in your pocket, and it’s so lightweight that you won’t make the difference if it’s your cell phone or a camera. This camera is ideal for people who like to roam around from places to places and like having their camera with them.
- Picture clarity: The viewfinder feature ensures that your will take a perfect picture with every click. Even of the object is moving or is at a distance the eye viewfinder will focus exactly on what you want it to focus and give you a click worth keeping.
- Low light pictures: This camera is ideal to take photos in dim light, and though the flash of the camera works perfect, there are moments when you don’t need flash and want to click pictures in darkness. This camera will not disappoint you during those times.
- Zoom: This camera has a 30x zoom while others in the same price range have a better zoom. If you have a habit of taking pictures from a great distance, then this camera might not be the ideal buy for you.
Nikon S9900 COOLPIX Digital Camera with Built-In Wi-Fi and Optical Zoom (30x)
When it comes to cameras, Nikon is the name that everybody trusts because of the quality of images they produce, and this version of Nikon is sure to carry that torch even further. When looking for the best compact point and shoot camera 2015 you just cannot ignore the Nikon COOLPIX S9900. Various features make this camera an ideal buy and some of them are as follows.
- 60x dynamic fine zoom
- Telephoto lens
- Optical zoom up to 30x
- Vibration reduction technology
- Revolving Vari-angle display
- 3-inch LCD
- NFC and WI-FI enabled.
- WI-FI and NFC: These days many cameras in the segment would give you connectivity options using the WI-FI but not every camera is NFC compatible, and this is where this camera is just ahead of the others. NFC ensures speedy file transfer to your NFC compatible gadgets and thus you can click a picture and share it with your cell phone in no time.
- Swivel display: Swiveling display is another fantastic feature of this camera. This is the selfie generation, and everyone wants to capture the moment with a great selfie. Not all cameras can give you that but with Nikon COOLPIX swivel display you are certain to capture a great selfie every time.
- WI-FI: Another brilliant feature that distinguishes this camera from other WI-FI enabled cameras is that this camera creates its own hotspot and then the paired devices can control the camera using the camera app. Not every camera can do this.
- Low light pictures: One of the disappointing aspects of this camera is that the image quality goes down when you click pictures in low light setting. Images become blurred and hazy, and this needs to be rectified by Nikon.
Nikon P530 COOLPIX 16.1MP Digital Camera (CMOS) with NIKKOR Lens (42x Zoom)
Nikon COOLPIX P530 camera is for those who not only want to click pictures all the time but also want to record high-quality videos from their cameras. This is the perfect gadget for people on the move who love their photography and are looking for best camcorder under 300 dollars price range.
- This camera has a 16.1-megapixel CMOS sensor that works in low-light too.
- It has a zoom of up to 42x
- This camera also has an 84x dynamic zoom
- Full High Definition 1080 pixels recording
- Target finding for autofocus
- Manual exposure control
- Photo sharing through WU-1a mobile adapter
- 84x dynamic zoom: If you are one of those who love taking pictures of the smallest things you could find then this camera is just perfect for you. The 84x zoom ensures that you will capture even the minutest details of the object you are clicking the picture of from the near distance.
- 42x zoom: This camera is not just ideal for near object photography, but even the objects lying far away from you can be captured with all the details intact using the 42x zoom lens of the camera. This zoom is so powerful that you can even capture the audience sitting on the other side of the stadium if you are out to see a ball game.
- High definition recording: This camera is ideal if you want to take videos of the best quality possible. The 1080p full high definition video quality ensures that you capture flawless videos that are not only rich in color but also rich in content as no detail can miss from this camera.
- Manual exposure control: Controlling the aperture of your camera is something that can only be possible with SLR camera, but this camera changes that notion so in a way you can say that this is the best DSLR camera under 500 dollars price range. Manual exposure control opens new horizons for you in image capturing, and thus, every photographer would love this camera.
Sony DSC-HX60V/B 20.4MP Digital Camera with 3″ LCD (Black) & 30x Optical Image Zoom
If you want a small digital camera that can do everything for you that an SLR can do, give you the same picture quality and even record videos for you then this camera is a keeper. This fits perfectly into your pocket, is very light weight, has great quality image capturing and thus this can be termed as one of best digital camera under 300 dollar price range.
- Optical zoom
- up to 30x
- Clear image digital zoom up to 60x
- 20.4 Mega Pixel image quality
- Optical steady shot image stabilization
- High-speed autofocus even in conditions of low light
The battery is good enough for 400 plus shots.
- Full High Definition 1080/60p video recording
- 3 inch LCD
- Battery life: This camera eliminates one of the biggest problems with all digital cameras, and that is the battery life. People buy cameras taking into account the picture quality and recording quality, but battery life too is the most important aspect that everyone ignores. You don’t want to run out of battery when you need your camera the most, and this device ensures that.
- Image quality: 20.4 Mega Pixel image quality is a statement in itself. This camera gives the best clicks in the segment, and it is largely due to the great quality lenses that Sony uses for its cameras.
- Low light imaging: Low light picture clicking does not come easily to digital cameras, but this camera is at par with the expectations even in this aspect. With this camera, you can click amazing pictures even in the least visible places.
- Viewfinder: The biggest disappointment with this camera is that there is no viewfinder feature in this camera. A viewfinder is crucial if you want your digital camera to focus exactly on what you are focusing and thus, this camera misses out on this most important feature.
While all cameras in the segment belong to almost the same price range, Cannon PowerShot is the most affordable and has a high output for the price quoted for the camera. If you are short on budget Cannon PowerShot SX, 530 should be your ideal choice. Panasonic LUMIX and Nikon COOLPIX S9900 are two cameras that are least powerful in this segment, and the most dominant ones are Nikon COOLPIX P530 and SONY DSC.
For me, the ideal camera buy would be Nikon COOLPIX P530 because of the exceptional image capture quality and overall ease of use. SONY DSC would be a close second. If you have money to spend and fancy to buy nothing but the best, these two cameras are an ideal buy for you and you can choose one or the other without hesitation. Buy one and get set for your next trip.