You might think we’re kidding here, but you’re a few steps away from finding the Best DSLR Camera Under 500. Photographs express. They tell a story. Pictures build memories. That’s why you need nothing but the best cameras to capture them. We live in the world whose pulse is throbbing with the technological revolution. It’s the world where gadgets and innovations have made life a living dream. This is exactly what is happening in the hub of digital cameras too. They are now available in every combination of lens, resolution and size you want.
Whether it’s bird photography or landscape, mood shots or basic photography while travelling, there is something for everyone. And why to wait when you can have the best cameras under 500.
Nikon D3200 24.2 MP CMOS Digital SLR
When you talk about some of the best cameras out there, this is one model that comes with the most impressive technology crammed into one. The Nikon D3200 is not an exceptionally heavy duty camera with fancy features. It’s something that will give you everything those expensive options come with. It comes with features that assure you quicker processing; the camera works in a low noise mode, and you can watch videos in full HD without any loss of quality.
The interesting part is that even though this is typically a digital SLR, it comes in 24.2 megapixels. Add to that the perfection of DX format APS-C sensor and you have it all. Can you beat that? Yes, under 500. What’s more is that it is an improved version of its predecessor and it comes with a 3 inch LCD monitor in 921k-dot. Because it is easy to use, there are many reasons to buy this one. Next time when you travel to Los Angeles, doesn’t forget to pack your Nikon.
- Pixel Sensor – With its 24.2 million pixel sensor, this is the best DSLR under 500. This is one of its best features and is getting much-deserved attention. This gives you the quality of pictures at par with some of the best most interesting Hi-Res cameras out there.
- Ease of Use – Nikon D3200 is a smaller DSLR camera. It is this quality that makes it one of the best digital camera under 500 It comes with an excellent hand grip and its super easy to access every control on the camera. Most of the buttons are positioned in a way that there is enough place for you to get a good right-hand grip. This is what makes them apt for hand-held shooting in comparison to many others.
- Exposure Compensation – It is quite easy to use this function as it is positioned perfectly right next to the shutter release. You simply have to hold down this button and spin the control wheel on the top-rear of the camera every time you need to fix its settings. When in the Manual mode, you can shuffle between aperture and shutter speed without any hassles.
- Live View – This feature allows the camera to autofocus using the contrast detect method. Again, it depends on what is the mode of AF when you are using this function.
- Retouching Tools – The camera comes with a range of tools that can be used for fine tuning the images. These retouch options make the image quality stand out a lot more. For instance, you can now straighten or crop images using digital art filters just after the images are shot. The Nikon D3200 comes with a broad range of retouching tools. You have everything from post-capture D-lighting, trimming, red-eye correction, monochrome conversion, etc. to balance the images and make them look a lot better.
- WiFi Adaptor (WU-1A) – This is one of the best features of the camera which most people love about it. You now have the alternative to buying an additional Wi-Fi adapter, to connect your camera to smartphones and tablets. This allows you to shoot images remotely and update them at the same time using a stable connection.
- Better Guide – Reds in Sunsets is one among the other guides that you will find on the Nikon D3200. Some interesting new guides have been added to the camera to make it function better than before. So you do not need perfect photo knowledge to manage the camera; the guide has it all sorted for you.
- Compact & lightweight
- Full HD 1080p movie recording
- In-Camera Effects
- Many users have complained that many of its features are not as good as the predecessor.
Canon EOS Rebel S1
Don’t let the small size of this compact best camera under 500 fool you. This one comes with all the great features the big DSLRs come with. Canon EOS Rebel SL1 is just what you are looking for if you have the kind of money this one asks for. The camera was made, keeping in mind the need for a proper DSLR body with all the features. That doesn’t mean it looks or feels cramped in its use. The design is just perfect.
Through this model, Canon has managed to cup up with a camera with solid imaging, it’s touch enabled, has stable imaging and a great design with comfortable button layout. There’s just so much to love about this one. This is for those who love the feel of a DSLR body but do not want to spend extravagantly. What works for this camera is its size, excellent grip and High ISO shots that are hard to find in small cameras. This is what makes it a perfect companion for a romantic trip.
- DIGIC4 Image Processor
- 18MP CMOS sensor
- 3-inch LCD TFT color
- SIA mode
- Creative filters
- Panoramic scenic shots and great group photo
- Detachable Macro Lens to let you capture tiny subjects precisely
- 1080p full HD movie mode
- Quick Camera response
- Dual-layer metering for exact exposures and features
- Liquid-crystal monitor for easy viewing and sharing
- Allows shooting up to 3fps
- Built-in flash
- Live View shooting
- In-camera Feature Guide
- EF-S 18-55mm IS II standard zoom lens
- Premium quality LCD
- Full HD video recording
- Responsive touchscreen
- Gives you high ISO shots, sometimes above ISO 6400
- Jack for stereo mic
- Good grip, small and light and built for comfortable use
- Works great in night mode
- Could be too small for some
- Some users have experienced the trouble of red-eye in flash when it is in Night Portrait mode
This is a model that comes with a high-resolution 18MP sensor, improved video and many features to love. Known for its solid material that gives you a secure grip, the Canon T5 is here to stay. There are the many characteristics of this model that make it work for all. To begin with, it comes with excellent image quality. If its 18.0 Megapixel CMOS sensor was not enough to capture spectacular images, it has added features that promise excellent clarity. It gives you a perfect resolution for any big picture with printable quality. Canon cameras are known for their first-class sensors and effective FOV. But this one has surpassed them all.
- Image quality – The T5’s photo quality is impeccable. The APS-C sensor gives you the best image quality, which is on par with any other camera. Although it comes with narrower tonal range, the images are more than clear, and it makes JPEG photos look good. You can clear them up to ISO 400 The coolest part about the this is the 18-megapixel CMOS sensor that gives your images a clarity boost.
- Intelligent Scene – Canon T5 is packed with SIA mode (Scene Intelligent Auto). This detects the different environment variations and the camera find the right settings for you on its own. The SIA mode figures out the image resolution, colours, moving objects and even contrast. Whether the camera is on a stable tripod or handheld, the smart scene feature works well in every situation. You do not have to do anything as the camera will choose the exposure for you along with enhancements to give you the best picture.
- Performance – The bets part is that it is super quick. It hardly takes half a second to turn on power, adjust focus, and shoot. This is not slow. Overall, this one is your straightforward camera that is great for beginners too as it comes with functional navigation buttons handle all the features for you.
- 9-Point AF System – The 9-point AF system uses both normal and high-precision focus, depending on the aperture and available light in any given situation. This system maintains consistent focus even when you are shooting moving subjects.
- Creative Filters – There are five creative filters that you can choose to alter your image.
- Very good image quality
- Impeccable colour perfection
- Lightweight and compact
- Great value for money
- Access to many lens options
- Feature Guide
- If you are looking for a feature-loaded cam, this is not your camera.
- Slow burst mode
- Dynamic range not as good as in other models
- No external mic jack
- No continuous AF for the movie mode
Comparison of The Three Models
- Regarding Features
The Nikon 3200 comes with 24.2 million pixel sensor. That makes it stand out from Canon EOS and T5. While one on hand Nikon offers the best pixel, the others offer perfect colour quality. That being said, the Nikon option also comes with a wide range of retouching tools that are missing in the other two.
All three are compact in size, but what sells for Canon EOS is the most comfortable option. In fact, it’s one of the smallest interesting options you will find out there. At the same time, when you look at Canon T5, its grip will fascinate you.
The Best Option
Without a doubt, Nikon is the best DSLR camera under 500 both regarding price and quality. The other two models lack some of the most high-end features that the former gives you. What’s more interesting is that Nikon is giving you those special features at the most affordable rates.
Overall, when you are choosing the best camera for yourself under 500, you have to ensure that you are not overspending even within that bracket. The best thing to do is get the best deals online. Whether you are taking these for professional use or travel photography, the cameras work wonders for all your needs.