Weddings are occasions that seriously test your expertise as a photographer as you need to take still portrait captures, as well as moving object snaps. Not only this, you need to be able to click the family portraits perfectly and also be able to capture the finer details of the ceremony such as pictures of the rings as well as the tears and smiles of the relatives. A good photographer is someone who knows which lens to use in what situations. However, a good photographer is also as good as the lens he uses. Thus, let us find out the best lens for wedding photography.
NIKON D700 + 24-70mm f/2.8
Weddings are auspicious occasions, and when the bride and groom are spending thousands on their wedding, they do want the photographer to capture the best moments of their wedding in the best frames possible. If you are a photographer looking to find the best Nikon lenses for wedding photography, this lens should be an essential component of your accessories bag.
- Covers a wide range of focal length
- Great optical performance
- Tough built
- Environmental sealing
- Reliable and quick auto-focus
- Angle: The Best lens for wedding photography are the ones that can cover a broad range of perspectives and can help you capture images in all sort of environment. This lens is a life saver for you when you have to click a family portrait that demands you to cover a vast scenery and also can help you capture great pictures when the light is not that ideal.
- Shutter speed: This camera lens has a very fast shutter speed that ensures that your image will not get blurred even when you have to click out of nowhere. What this means is that most of the times, things happen so quickly at a wedding that you rarely get time to adjust your focal length and take that perfect shot, this lens will help you then. This also makes it the preferred lens for your romantic getaway with your beau.
- Image stabilization: Image stabilization is also one of the inherent qualities of this lens that makes it a must have in the accessory bag of every photographer. As already stated, most of the times things happen too quickly at a wedding, and there is no time to capture the perfect shot, at those times image stabilizations ensures that your captured image is not blurred.
- Near objects: This lens is not ideal to take a picture when you want to capture the shot of the wedding rings. This lens will work amazingly well when you need to capture a wide angle but when it comes to taking still pictures of close objects, this lens might not work ideally for you
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens
When capturing images of the finer details of the wedding ceremony, this lens will work ideally for you as a photographer. Weddings are not just about capturing the wide angles; it is also capturing the finer details such as the smiles during the best man speeches and the giggles during the reception ceremonies. This lens will help you capture all the memories with the depth that they deserve.
- Best lens for close object capture
- Image stabilization
- High resolution
- Rich details
- Optical zoom
- Image stabilization
- Near object photography: This camera lens is ideal for you as a wedding photographer if you have to capture images of the closest objects to you. This camera lens will ensure that your finer details never go missing, and the picture is never pixelated.
- Image stabilization: When working with a zoom lens on a closer object the biggest problem is that a small vibration can result in the picture becoming blurred, this lens takes care if this aspect at the image stabilization ensures that you will not get a blurred image even when your hands are shaking.
- Wide angles: This lens will not work when you have to capture the family portrait and have to cover a wide angle. This lens is meant for close distance object capture only.
Wedding photography is not about just one kind of photography, and all the angles are required while taking the pictures in a wedding ceremony, thus, both these lenses are necessary for you as a photographer to have in your arsenal if you want to capture a wedding ceremony correctly.
Wedding ceremony photography requires you to capture all the emotions in the best possible manner and also requires you to capture all the finer details as well as the wide angles. Thus, if you want to catch a wedding ceremony through your best lenses for wedding photography, then both these lenses form the essential part of your accessories.
Don’t forget to find best camera for wedding photography.