Cameras are an important part of your life as they help you capture your best moments, and as such you cannot settle for anything but the best. Gone are the days when cameras with great picture quality were too expensive for personal use, today you can buy best camcorders under 300 dollars that can capture mesmerising details and can also survive hostile environments.
- 1 Top Rated Video Camera Under $300
- 1.1 GoPro HERO+ (Wi-Fi Enabled)
- 1.2 Canon VIXIA HF R600 (Black)
- 1.3 Sony HD Video Recording HDRCX405 Handycam Camcorder
- 1.4 Canon VIXIA HF R500 Digital Camcorder (Black)
- 1.5 Panasonic HC-V270 Camcorder with Super Zoom and inbuilt WiFi
- 2 Comparison and the best pick
- 3 Conclusion
Top Rated Video Camera Under $300
GoPro HERO+ (Wi-Fi Enabled)
Every one of you knows about GoPro. These are the cameras that are designed to withstand extremely hostile conditions, and they deliver great shots every time. If you like to capture adrenaline rush moments such as dirt biking, skiing, kayaking or simply like to use your camera inside your pool, GoPro will help you take clear pictures everywhere, which is why it makes it to our list of best camcorder 2015 under 300.
- This camera is waterproof and can work up to 40 meters deep in water.
- It is built of a solid frame and will not break even in the most hostile environments.
- It captures clear 1080p quality images.
- The device is WI-FI enabled
- It is Bluetooth Enabled
- It uses a Micro-SD card to store images
- Sharing: This camera is WI-FI enabled and thus it can be connected to the internet anytime the user wants. This helps in instantly sharing your captured images among family and friends without having to connect the camera to a computer.
- Waterproof: Not every camera can promise to work correctly while being submerged 40 meters inside the water. This proves the durability of the camera, and this is what makes it great, you can use it in any place and at any time.
- Price: The GoPro camera comes just in $199 which is an amazing price tag for a camera as good as this one. This is not hard on your wallet and can capture memories for you that truly are priceless.
- No internal storage: The only cons of this camera is that there is no internal storage memory inside the camera, and hence you have to carry SD card with the camera at all times.
Canon VIXIA HF R600 (Black)
If you are looking to buy a camera that delivers not only great picture quality but also has great looks that can turn a few heads, Canon VIXIA HF R600 is the product you are looking for. There is no better best video camera under 300 that could compete with this piece of marvel and as with every Canon camera, this one too will make you speechless.
- Captures video at a resolution of 1920*1080p
- 1080/60p recording in MP4 format ensures that the captured video is rich in quality and colours.
- Has advanced zoom feature.
- Has Canon 3.28 Megapixel full High Definition image sensor.
- Has DIGIC DV 4 image processor
- Has a 3inch LCD touch panel
- User interface: This camera has a smart user interface, and the LCD panel is a delight to use. You get all the options on a single screen and use feather touch to drag drop move or do anything you like with your captured images and videos.
- Image quality: One thing that has impressed many users it the quality of videos that you can record using this camcorder. This video stream is flawless, and the high definition picture quality ensures that you capture the finest of the details.
- Sound: The video recording for this camera is great but sound quality, not so much. If you want to hear every moment precisely while recording from this camera, you might be in need of an external microphone.
Sony HD Video Recording HDRCX405 Handycam Camcorder
There are not many brands in the market which can beat Sony in competition, and when it comes to cameras, Sony always offers nothing but the best. In our quest for the best value cameras under 300 Sony HDRCX405 had to be present because of the amazing technology and output that this camera offers to its users.
- Creates highlight videos in MP4 format on its own
- 26.8mm wide angle ZEISS lens
- Optical Steady Shot for image stabilization
- The camcorder comes with a built-in USB cable
- Face detection
- Voice enhancement
- Noise cancellation
- Noise cancellation: Most of the cameras have noise cancellation feature but not every camera justifies this feature. With Sony HDRCX405, you can be rest assured that your video will remain free of annoying sounds and camera will only capture sounds that matter.
- ZEISS lens: The Sony trademarked ZEISS lens is the best wide angled lens you can get your hands on. This camera can capture images that other cameras can’t and with clarity like the dew drops. If you want to invest your money in a gadget that makes you feel your money was worth it, this is probably the gadget for you.
- Battery life: There are no cons when it comes to this camera but to be overly critical, its battery life can be looked at. The camera can work for almost 2 hours at a go when the battery is full, but this certainly has room for improvement.
Canon VIXIA HF R500 Digital Camcorder (Black)
Best professional camcorders under 500 dollars list cannot be completed without the Canon VIXIA HF R500. This camera comes at an exciting price of $265, and it looks fantastic in black. Canon has a reputation for delivering best cameras, and this certainly is one of the best.
- Compact design
- 3-inch touch screen LCD panel
- Baby mode
- Auto scene mode
- Super-range optical image stabilizer.
- Design: This camera is so sleek that you can carry it in your pocket like your cell phone, and you will feel no weight inside your pocket. This lack of weight can be a blessing when you are travelling as it takes no space to fit in with your luggage and does not add a pound.
- Image Stabilizer: Canon is known for its picture perfect experience, and this camera does live up to those expectations. No matter how shaky your hand is while capturing the video, this camera will deliver still video at all times.
- Price: While other cameras in the same segment come in the below $200 price range, this comes in the above $250 price range. This might make many consumers switch to other cameras.
Panasonic HC-V270 Camcorder with Super Zoom and inbuilt WiFi
Panasonic is known for creating breakthrough technology that sets benchmarks for others in the business and HC-V270 is here to prove just that. The Wi-Fi and HD enabled camcorder is here to stay and will certainly win over the consumers because of its smooth performance.
- WI-FI enabled
- Mega Zoom of up to 50x
- 5 axis handshake for image stabilization
- Extra rich night mode for best quality pictures.
- Night mode: This camera has changed the way cameras take photos at night. This device can take unbelievably sharp pictures at times when there is critically low light, and this is what makes this camera great.
- Zoom: This device has the best zoom feature in all the cameras available in this price range.
- Sound clarity: This camera does not come with an external mic input and sound recording is not the greatest quality of this device. Connecting the external mic will solve this issue.
Comparison and the best pick
The cameras that we reviewed above for our top 10 camcorders under 300 list are all the best available products of their respective brands. While Panasonic boasts of its fabulous zoom quality, both the Canon cameras are banking on their image quality to win over the customers. Sony has the great name behind it and boasts of best lenses that certainly help in capturing moments slightly better.
While all the camcorders in the segment offer similar features with a little tweak here and there, my favourite camera among the listed ones certainly is GoPro. Just for the amount of places where this camera can be used, and the abuse that it can withstand while taking perfect shots for you makes this my obvious best choice.
While every camera in the above segment is worth buying because of technology and quality of images they can deliver, GoPro for me wins the battle. Not only is GoPro an easy-to-buy camera, but it is also multiple times more durable than all the other cameras in the segment and can give you shots at places where others can’t work.
If you have higher budget then you definitely should check our guide: best video camera below $1000.